FX Invest 2023 Agenda
FX Invest 2023 Agenda
08:00 – 09:00
09:00 – 09:05
09:05 – 00:45
Macro events & strategies
09:05 – 09:30
Opening Keynote: Rates, central banks, and the dollar
09:30 – 10:15
Macro markets – current state look at FX markets
- Dollar reaction function in a recessionary environment
- How undervalued are Euro and Yen right now?
- Impact of China reopening on asset classes and the broader dollar
10:15 – 10:45
Morning Networking Break
10:45 – 11:30
Trade strategies – finding the best options for alpha and hedging opportunities
- When diversifying outside of the US, what currencies do you look at?
- Are quant and high frequency trading making a return to FX?
- FX use in fixed income hedging
11:30 – 12:15
Liquidity constraints – dealing with the ebbs and flows of the FX market
- Cost of trading – improving efficiencies in an increasingly fragmented market
- UMR implications – how does regulation hinder liquidity and what can be done?
- Market exits – how do you get out of restricted markets that have liquidity issues?
12:15 – 12:45
Inflation Debate: Good or bad?
12:45 – 13:45
13:45 – 17:45
13:45 – 14:30
FX back-office – enhancing efficiencies in FX trading while mitigating risk
- Central clearing – reducing the complexity of bilateral connections through netting
- UMR boost – examining the impact of phase six on clearing demand
- Expanding PvP – how can we get coverage for EM pairs and slow the rise in settlement risk?
- Platforms – best venues for clearing swaps, NDFs, options and more
14:30 – 15:15
FX Execution – FinTech’s growing role in the trading process
- Currency overlays – passive hedging to reduce currency risk
- Principal vs agency execution
- Reporting and analytics – accessing the best TCA data
- Custody – how can we get greater transparency?
15:15 – 15:45
Afternoon Networking Break
15:45 – 16:30
FX workflows – utilizing cloud technology to make remote trading secure and efficient
- Infrastructure – allowing workflows to span across a wide-ranging employee geo
- Cost impact – SaaS inclusion to reduce cost of operations
- Automation – increasing use of electronic trading
16:30 – 17:15
FX interfaces – what’s next for traders?
- Algos – how can we improve quality and reduce manual order entry?
- Risk management automation – improved systems for realized risks coming into your books
- Less liquid pairs – how can you automate for currency pairs that suffer from liquidity issues?
17:15 – 17:45