All timings in HKT/SGT
09:00 – 09:05
Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
09:05 – 09:35
The Economic Outlook of China and the Rising Power of the CNY
- Is the stability of China’s economy long-term?
- What is the progress of the internationalization of the CNY?
- The latest RMB offshore trade trends and China’s bonds, equities and commodities
- Movements within RMB liquidity after market closed
Head of FX Linear & Emerging Markets Trading, Hong Kong
Credit Agricole CIB
John Luk is Head of FX Linear & Emerging Markets Trading for Credit Agricole CIB Hong Kong. He is responsible for the banks’ EM Asia FX & Rates franchise and G10 FX franchise in Hong Kong.
Mr. Luk has spent the past 14 years trading Asia FX and Rates products in CACIB. Prior to this, he was an Asia FX trader in Standard Chartered Bank.
Mr. Luk holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance from the University of Hong Kong and Masters of Science in Investment Management from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
09:35 – 10:05
The Ramifications of UMR Phase 5 on FX Prime Brokerage
- What aspects of operations will change and navigating cost pressures
- Will market access be inhibited and how will this affect FX markets
- Uncleared, clearing of trading listed. How will this evolve post UMR?
- What does the bifurcation of liquidity mean for the FX Markets?
10:05 – 10:35
Transforming the FX Market through Digital Currencies
- The latest developments towards China’s digital currency
- The challenges in operations with digital currency and creating a supportive infrastructure
- Hong Kong and Chinese banks offerings to the market
- Collaborative efforts between sell side and buy side to navigate the changes
10:35 – 11:05
A Hub for Corporates: How to Navigate Challenges as a Global Corporate in Hong Kong
- The challenges of a corporate treasurer for a global corporate in Hong Kong
- Navigating through FX hedging regulation differences for each region
- How can corporate treasurers help corporates move forward?
- Streamlining systems and building infrastructure to support the needs of treasurers
- Developments in technology to efficiently manage operations.
11:05 – 11:05